Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Most Impacting Topic Covered this Semester


I think the most impactful and fact filled information that was covered this semester would have to be sex-trafficking. This is an issue that impacts women worldwide. More awareness needs to be put in place to help gradually lessen the occurrences and one day put an end all together to sex trafficking. The things the women are put through daily and the way it makes them feel is just horrifying. Women are not just a moneymaker in some “pimp’s” or “lady pimp’s” control. The horrible effects that sex trafficking places on women both physically and emotionally is really just sickening. I feel like the best way to fight against sex trafficking is to make people more aware of the reality and complexity it has grown into.

4 comments:

  1. Brandie,

    I think that the topic of sex-trafficking was a very informative and needed to be discussed. It is truly sad and horrifying to know that girls and women and being sold around the world for not only sexual acts but just about anything. These women are being treated as slaves and it needs to more awareness in order to stop this horrible occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello:

    I think a lot of us believe sex-trafficking was the most informative and horrifying. One minute you are living life and the next someone has taken it away. It made me sick that a women was part of sex-trafficking someone needs to throw her into a mans prison so she can see what these women and girls went through. The sad part in the United States majority of the police would not stand for it and prosecute but in some countries the police turn their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandie, when I read about the effects of sex trafficking I was horrified. My first thought was how could women be involved in this horrible arena which inflicted so much pain on other women. It made me angry to think that young girls are living through these horrible conditions everyday. We have got to find away to stop this from happening to women all over the world.

    Good luck,
    Sandra Holman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandie,
    I do agree that the sex trafficking information we covered was extremely influential. I can say that I did not know much about sex trafficking besides what I saw in the movie Taken, which was a shotty depiction. After watching the video online, I was filled with sorrow and horror. It is extremely hard to believe that there are countries in the world that do not protect their women and children from sex trafficking. I feel as though that is a huge injustice and a global power should step in and stop this heinous crime. I also agree that spreading awareness of sex trafficking can help the victims receive justice.

    ReplyDelete